Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Drafting Squares

Over the past little while I've started a small collection of drafting squares and rulers. I didn't intend to collect drafting squares. I use them for pattern drafting so I might as well collect them, the more the better.

The first square I got is a tailors square from 1886 made in Rochester New York. I bought the square to use for my pattern drafting from one of the local antique shows.



The next square is another tailors square. This square would have originally been part of a set of drafting tools and books for women's tailoring from the Women Institute of Domestic Art and Sciences.

This square is dated 1919 and is made of metal instead of wood.


The rest of the drafting squares and rulers I found in a rubbish bin at school.







No comments:

Post a Comment