Sunday, 27 December 2015

The Great War Uniform

Since the beginning of this year I've been thinking of doing a WWI impression. So, in November I decided that I will go ahead. I'm going to do an officer impression, as I have patterns for an officers uniform, as well as an original officers shirt I can use. I hope to have the impression done by late summer 2016, though I really have no idea how long this will take.

I have a couple other items I can use for WWI, like a 1910s walking stick, and I just ordered a Sam Browne belt and a khaki tie. I would also like to find my great-great uncle's swagger stick from the war.

The major pieces I need are an officers SD (service dress) jacket, riding breeches, puttees, shoes or boots, and a officers SD cap.

The patter draft below if from The Tailor and Cutter Academy SYSTEMS OF CUTTING All Kinds of Tailor Made Garments 1910 by W.D.F. Vincent. available for download in Books and References.

Service dress jacket pattern.
This is the look I'm going for - I'm not sure whether I will do British or Canadian. I believe British and Canadian uniforms were almost the same, the most major difference being the insignia, so I will decide British or Canadian later on.

WWI British officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment