Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Iron Repair

A couple months back my iron stopped working. With a nonfunctional iron, I have not been able to press any of my sewing projects properly. So over the holidays I re-wired the iron with the help of my grandfather.

The problem was pretty easy to find once we opened the iron up. The short bit of cord inside the handle had frayed entirely and become disconnected.

Frayed cord

Disconnected wires

I cut the frayed end of the cord of and stripped about an inch of the cloth insulation to expose the two wires.


After stripping the wires, I reconnected them to the iron and put everything back together.


Here's the iron after being repaired.


No comments:

Post a Comment