Saturday, 14 June 2014


To make my waistcoat, I used a block pattern I made for my last waistcoat. There was just enough leftover plaid fabric from the trousers I'm making, to use for the waistcoat. For the actual constructon methods I referred to the books,  "The Art of Garment Making" and "The Victorian Tailor." I learned a lot from these two books. Actually, I'm still learning from them.

The entire waistcoat is hand sewn.

Here are the waistcoat foreparts with the pockets basted in:

The finished pockets:

The finished pockets from the other side:

Monday, 9 June 2014


This week when I went to get fabric for trousers, I also got enough fabric for a couple of ties.

I already had the black and the blue ties shown in the photo below. I copied the dimensions of the blue tie in the purple fabric. I copied the black tie in the green fabric.

When I finished both ties, I still had enough green to make another one the same length as the black tie. For this one, I made it a little wider and with pointed ends.