Sunday, 25 May 2014

1850s trousers


I settled on drafting my own pattern using the standard trouser draft from the book Men's Garments 1830-1900. I made a muslin and it seems to fit nicely.



I traced my pattern on to my fabric and transfered all markings using tailor's chalk. The fabric is black Italian wool flannel.



The objects on the fabric are metal weights used for holding the pattern down when it was traced.

                                               This shows the fork (crotch) reinforcement

Here's my cross stitching 


                                                     More cros stitching on the hip stay 

Here's the buttonhole fly before I marked were the holes would go.











3 comments: